DUI PenaltiesClient-Centered Legal Representation
DUI Attorney in Overland Park
DUI Penalties in Kansas
The State of Kansas is known to be very harsh on those convicted of DUI. The laws are getting tougher with increasing penalties for those that are convicted. Facing DUI charges is a serious matter that can affect the rest of your life. It is crucial that you contact a skilled and knowledgeable Overland Park criminal defense attorney from our energetic firm right away to ensure that you are fully defended and your rights are aggressively protected. Our firm will work diligently to assist you in fighting to avoid the harsh consequences of a DUI conviction.
The penalties for a DUI conviction can include:
- For a first DUI offense you may be facing a minimum of 48 hours in jail or up to 100 hours of community service. The fines involved can range from $750 to $1000 and your license may be revoked for 30 days. Afterward, your license will be restricted for 330 days. If your BAC was more than .15 %, your license will be suspended for one year and you will be required to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle once driving privileges are restored.
- A second DUI offense will involve harsher penalties including a minimum of 90 days in jail with a maximum of one year. While you may be able to serve some of your jail time under house arrest, the law calls for a minimum of 48 hours of incarceration. The fines will range from $1,250 to $1,750 along with a one year license suspension. After the suspension, you will have to install an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
- A third DUI offense is classified as a felony and you may spend up to one year in jail. You must serve at least 72 hours in jail prior to any type of release being granted. The fines will range from $1,750 up to $2,500. You will lose your license for one year and you will require an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle before your license can be reinstated.
The court has discretion when it comes to imposing DUI penalties and you will also be facing the possibility of community service, alcohol or addictions treatment or vehicle impoundment. The costs of a DUI conviction are not limited to fines. There will be court costs, the expense of an ignition interlock system and increased insurance rates for years to come. When you consider the possible impact a DUI conviction can have in your life, you may want to fight back, and our firm is prepared to evaluate your case. The Gigstad Law Office, LLC knows how to fight your DUI charges. Our firm will vigorously pursue the results that you are looking for.
Protecting Your Rights in Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Prairie Village, Mission Hills, Olathe, Mission, Shawnee, Merriam, Roeland Park, and Kansas City, Kansas
When you contact our firm for your free initial consultation, we will not treat you with a cookie cutter approach. You will receive the dedicated personal attention that you deserve. We understand that no two cases are the same and at our firm every case and every client is important. Our insightful legal team will methodically investigate your case to determine your best opportunities for defending against the charges. We will aggressively protect your rights and your future every step of the way. We are committed to the principles of integrity and commitment as well as devoting our considerable talent to pursuing favorable case results.
Contact an Overland Park DUI attorney from our determined and professional firm to assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties that can result from a DUI conviction.
Dismissed before Trial.
State of Kansas v. G.E.
1st Time Drug DUI & Speeding. Dismissed before Trial.
City of Overland Park v. M.C.
Possession of Marijuana - Dismissed
- DISMISSED CITY OF GARDNER V. B.W.
- NOT GUILTY CITY OF DESOTO V. R.M.
- NOT GUILITY C.C. V. M.B.
Why We're Different
We are members of the American Bar Association, the National College for DUI Defense®, The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, the Kansas Bar Association, Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Kansas Association for Justice, Johnson County Bar Association, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Additionally, we are Avvo rated for our professionalism and skill. With our firm by your side you can count on integrity and commitment to you and your case. We are driven to get results either in negotiations or at trial. If you would like to learn about your rights, call 888-387-2036 now.